Zagat picks 10 best new restaurants in Charlotte
April 25, 2017
As the Queen City experiences rapid growth, so does its restaurant scene.
A recent Charlotte Business Journal cover story delved into the city’s rise as a dining destination, where veteran restaurateurs as well as newly graduated chefs are bringing a wide variety of concepts to the market. And each month, CBJ brings you a roundup of restaurant news that includes recently opened venues as well as plans for upcoming spots.
But with all of those choices — and more being added all the time — how is a foodie to decide?
Enter Zagat, the ratings and review authority for restaurants nationwide. That website has a list of the city’s best new restaurants and bars, updated weekly. Here’s the latest list:
- Yamazaru, a trendy sushi restaurant in South End.
- The Porter’s House— this steakhouse in Waverly is the latest concept by Kim and Jon Dressler.
- Carolina Beer Temple, a bar and bottle shop featuring craft beer.
- Dilworth Tasting Roomoffers wine for aficionados and novices alike.
- Kinship is a swanky uptown hotel bar, located inside The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte.
- Popbar serves up gelato, sorbet and other frozen treats in the NoDa neighborhood.
- Haberdish— also in NoDa, this establishment transformed a historic building into a Southern kitchen and craft cocktail bar.
- The Hop Shop, another craft-beer bar and bottle shop, is described by Zagat as “industrial chic.”
- Que Onda Tacos + Tequila‘s brand of Mexican fare is “casual street eats” with a “deep list of tequila,” according to Zagat.
- Tavolo has homestyle Italian cooking on the menu in uptown.